GET

GET

Thursday, June 30, 2005

I'm Addicted To Morgan Spurlock.

Morgan Spurlock - he of 'Super Size Me' fame. He now has a show on FX called '30 Days'. Each episode covers various topics and they are all of the same vein as 'Super Size Me' was, which is a 30 day experiment outside of your comfort zone. So far the three episodes I've seen have been:

1. Spurlock and girlfriend go 30 days on minimum wage.
2. Dude takes steroids and supplements for 30 days to get back to his high school weight.
3. Hick lives with Arab people and becomes muslim for 30 days.

I've also read his book, which is pretty much a recap of Super Size Me.

All in all, although I'm sure some of his 'reporting' is motivated by his own political stances, I think he makes some good points regarding health in schools, and fast food joints trying to dump shit off as 'healthy'.

As for the TV show, it's a little fluffy at times, but you can really start to learn some things when you watch it. It's kinda like Expanding Your Viewpoints For Dummies.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that crap.

Smea' that honey.

6 comments:

  1. Is he going to make one where somebody goes 30 days without pooping?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that's possible....BUT YOU SHOULD TRY IT JOSH! I'm serious. You should email that dude and tell him you want to see what happens when someone goes 30 DAYS WITHOUT SHITTING! We should make a friggin' blog out of it too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. In case you're keeping score at home, 4 of the last 5 posts here have involved poop in some capacity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ken really does love Morgan Spurlock. In reality, I am thankful for people like him who shine the flashlight of justice into the shameful shadowed corners of our society. Here's to you Morgan Spurlock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Craig's List Post:

    http://chicago.craigslist.org/pet/82020239.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just watched the one where the Christian lives with Muslims and it was really good. Infotainment!

    Good recommendation Ken. And if they ever do the poop episode, I'll make this my #1 show!

    ReplyDelete