Here we go with the best of the week.
From the Simpsons:
I always appreciate Asian humor so I thank the stars for a Simpsons trip to China.
Here's my top 10 from the Simpson's hour ...
"You are like Hen with no cock. It may be double entendre in your country, but it is not in ours."
"Look at him sleeping, he's like a little angel who killed 50 million people."
"Well, Tibet was considered pretty independent. How did that work out?"
"Now I will question everything, why doesn't Pearl Jam ever come here?"
"Don't have a cattle, dude" and "Feast on my shorts, stupid father man!"
"I'll see you all at lupper!"
"That time you blinded me. He gave you a bike. That sure was a good sounding bike."
"You're kind of sexy your honor." - "That's a deliberate misstatement of fact. But I'll allow it."
"You don't understand officer, I thought that King was a Queen."
"If you require wheelchair assistance, you chose the wrong airline. Ha Ha."
And because it hits home with me, here are all 8 movies listed as playing at the Googolplex Theatres (in case you didn't TiVo it and press pause).
3 Fast 3 Furious
Breast Camp
Dude, Where's My Prostate
Michael Eisner vs. Michael Ovitz
Kill Bill Maher
Baby Cops 3: Tired and Cranky
Disney's "Stroller Rental: The Movie"
And my personal favorite, Explosion 2.
From Family Guy:
OH MY GOD... I have to start with Stewie going up Annika Sorenstams skirt. I did NOT see that coming ... And he didn't just touch it, he was hanging, nay, DANGLING from her junk ...WTF!!! Best minute of the night for sure.
The following only distracted me a little while I continued to ponder the Sorenstam joke.
"I figured Andre the Giant was a little hipper. You know, get back some of the boys you scared away."
"What is it boy, trouble at the old mill? Somebody fall through the ice? Bobcat?"
"Shut up, and put some more of that sugar in my bowl!"
"Can I touch your hair? I want to touch it. Oooohh, it's like a sheep."
"Don't you want to hit his kid? Take that Macho Man Randy Savage."
"To the Hindenpeter!" (crash) "Peter, how can you afford these things?"
"My friend, you've been kicked in the nuts. You're gonna be on TV"
American Dad followed, but I was still thinking of Annika Sorenstam. Here are some quotes that brought me out of my dream state.
"I wish he'd get sick like E.T."
"There are plenty of kids in Heaven you could be friends with. That girl in the Poltergeist. She must be 16 by now, You could totally hit that."
"Oh, Oh. Linda's makin' a run for the gate (scream) Come on, Francine, you can't tell me that's not funny."
"He's still a hundred times better than our last neighbors. They were black."
And that's the West Coast Post Earthquake Report. Back to you.
You totally forgot Cleveland's POPEYE moment. It wasn't as extreme as the Annika thing, but I like the reference. Also, the ROCKY3 ending of family guy.
ReplyDeleteAnd don't forget the quick Transformers reference/segment interlude.
ReplyDeleteIan mentioned most of the good part. I didn't see Simpsons this week, but overall I'd give Family Guy the nod. The WEIRDEST bit has to be when they went on for 5 minutes during AD with that side story about the evil golden gen-encrusted turd. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or what.
You've got the AIDS!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteNow THIS is what I'm talking about! Every show was in prime form this week, much better than last week! I don't even know which show to vote for. I'd say they're all winners and should be treated equally, but we're the P-Posse and that just doesn't sound like something we'd do. I like that they actually did something with the characters on each show and set up new story arcs, i.e. Selma now having a baby girl and Cleveland and Loretta being split up. The Simpsons took the divorce of Milhouse's parents and turned it into one of the consistently funniest bits on the show; so far every segment in the apt. complex where Milhouse's dad lives has been great.
ReplyDeleteSpecial thanks to Ian, for TiVo-ing the theater marquee on The Simpsons. Some of my favorites that weren't on Ian's list:
:::Simpsons 1:::
from the menopause video: "oh, she's out of eggs - and if you're watching this, so are you."
Homer choking the panda - "I'll endanger you!!!"
After Homer wakes up in the hospital and the doctor chases out the porcupine: "come back in Year of Porcupine - which is NEVER!!!"
:::Simpsons 2:::
"No, it's not up to code - for one thing, the body of my predecessor is still on the floor!"
Ralph Wiggum hanging by his pants on a log (and waving) as Homer and the kids ascended the log ride. The log ride then crashing and the kid going, "Let's go again Daddy!! ...Daddy..?"
::: Family Guy:::
Peter testing out his CPR skills - "I have to see if he soiled himself!"
"I know just what he needs - a revenge lay!"
Peter wearing a Quagmire mask and putting a Loretta mask on Brian: "I'm not Peter, I'm Quagmire! And I'm doin' YOU!!" "Hey, get off me! What's that in your pocket?!?!"
Andre The Giant on the ceiling of The Sistine Chapel. Read that again. Yes, Family Guy owns. Parker & Stone beat them to the "AIDS" song with Team American, but still, good stuff.
:::American Dad:::
I hope this show doesn't get canned, 'cause I'm starting to really like it!
Steve joining the Rangers - "...and show us your penis." "...dude, we don't DO that!"
Francine inviting the Mamaris to the party - "It's potluck, so bring whatever you want." Stan: "Anything you want, but not smallpox. Kind of kidding, but not really."
The whole segment where Stan sneaks into Linda's exam disguised as a gynocologist. The screen goes black and then shows Stan's face through an opening - "Very nice, I wish Francine kept hers this clean!"
Stan on the terrorists "multiplying" into other cells - "My God, they're like vampires! Or gays!"
The gay couple at the party - "I'll tell my father this Thanksgiving. But only if he's drunk and the Cowboys win."
After the vampires or gays comment: "Here, stick this clove of garlic up your butt"
ReplyDelete