GET

GET

Monday, June 27, 2005

Animation Domination Continues

Well, no new American Dad and The Simpsons were both pretty weak. And I hate to say it, but my laughter for Family Guy was a little sparse tonight. There are always going to be weaker weeks ... and this was one for me.

However, I did capture a few gems and here they are:

Simpsons:

-Finger pain? I thought I was getting gum!
-Lovejoy's an idiot. His church is giving up hot gobs of gay green!
-A new plague is sweeping the town. And this one didn't start with Krusty Burger's whatchamacarcass sandwich.
-Marge, I'd be a lot more worried about me leaving you for a sausage patty than your sister Patty.

-Homer, why did you put the screwdriver on the end? - Now you know what it's like in the real world.
-But we're already on Chapter 7. - Then you'll be teaching Willy!

Family Guy:

-Look, I'm turning down the thermostat. See Diane's erect nipples at 11.
-Dude, put your pants on! Shut up!
-I gotta tell ya, I don't know what she could see in Count Chocula. I think he's just here because he's a minority.
-Mom, you want this three-way to happen, you're gonna have to change your tone.

Also, Quagmire's "date" was a nice homage to the oft-maligned date rapist. Ahh ... memories ... wait a minute.

10 comments:

  1. How can you forget about the Snorks or the He-Man references? Also, Bryan reminded me of me. And Gary Busey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't forget about the snorks or He-Man. I guess I'm just getting burned out on 80s pop culture references, between all these shows and most of the adult swim lineup.

    Maybe a few weeks without an easy reference to my childhood will rejuvenate my homosexual palette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ehhh...not having cable I miss adult swim. Which is too bad. I found it odd hte Simpsons were showing the "Patty's Gay" episode on th esmae day as the Pride Parade here in Chicago. It was friggin hot here so I sat around in my boxers in front of a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not at the pride parade! At home. While watching baseball!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not at the pride parade! At home. While watching baseball!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me thinks thou doth protest too much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything was a repeat. EVERYTHING! Except Family Guy, and maybe The Simpsons where they had Krusty's "Whatchamacarcass" sandwich. I like how he immediately calls up the show to defend himself... "I only used non-diseased meat from diseased animals. Everybody does it!!!"

    Family Guy was just okay, the best jokes being the ones Ian named and where Chris tells Brian, "well, we have to look at your ANUS all day!" The Snorks bit was funny, if a bit predictable... let's be honest, they're just never going to top the Kool-Aid Man bursting through that courtroom wall. "Form of... Janey's tampon" is the closest they've come.

    I was was going to say something else, but I forget what it was.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...since Dan's still posting here, I'm going to surmise that we haven't yet figured out how to ban people. BAN! BAN DOWERS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hevin Kurley! Josh Jones! Len Kombard! Fan Iorbes! Ban Dowers! The Faniac Morespike!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't forget the scene from Animal House, featuring the old child molestor and Chris. I thought that was a hilarious scene.

    ReplyDelete