GET

GET

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Animation Domination Week 4

It's back on this week, right?? I've had my hoped dashed
the past two weeks by fucking Star Wars: Episode II and
fucking car racing, so I need my fix. Ken and I watched
some Family Guy episodes Saturday night just to prepare.

5 comments:

  1. Overall, the weakest of the weeks we've been keping score. I think The Simpsons (the second episode - I didn't see the first) had the edge. I don't know. It almost seems like all three of these shows are becoming TOO similar and "weird-for-the-sake-of-being-weird". I'm all for that, but if you really think about it, you could have dropped the scripts to any of these episodes into any show and they still would have worked reasonably well. With the exception of the jokes that rely on a specific character's personality or delivery to work (i.e. Homer's "love the lie!!"), many parts of these episodes could have been done with any of the three families.

    "Follow instructions!?? He's doomed!"

    "This is going to be the worst Thanksgiving dinner EVER!"
    "Thanksgiving's not for months!"
    "The bad news just keeps coming!!"

    "I made these embroidered conspiracy jackets for all of us. We must never wear them."


    I did like how Family Guy made fun of those stupid t-shirts that say shit like "Princess", "Bad Girl", etc.
    "Hey Meg, here's one that says 'Little Slut', that sounds pretty hip."
    "OK, fine, give me 'Sperm Dumpster'."

    I didn't like how Family Guy pussed out and apologized to Jimmy Fallon at the end. I did like Quagmire hammering the nail into Joe's leg, and Peter later playing air guitar with it. "Oh my God we don't know any songs."

    Also, "hey, that IS Journey!"

    As for American Dad, all I'll say is, "that's your idea of God?"
    "He'd kick YOUR ass!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rueda ... de ... Fortuna!

    I see what you mean about dropping the scripts off with any family (though abetting an alien falls closer to America Dad).

    As for the Simpsons:
    In the first episode, I liked the Governor proclaiming she was releasing all the inmates to a garbage barge, where they would bare-knucle box until one of them emerged the king of their floating hell.

    In the second episode, I loved MC Champagne Millionaire and Homer exclaiming "Lousy American made dog. Oh, why must I be so voluptuous!?!"

    In Family Guy:

    I liked the cool guy saying to Meg "I don't go out with dudes" and Sperm Dumpster was one of the best shirt ideas I've ever heard.

    There was also Peter starting the band off at the prison, "1,2,3,4. Oh my God, we don't know any songs."

    I also liked Lois mentioning from off screen "Oh, Gene, I didn't realize you were here."

    In American Dad:

    My top 4 are:

    4. Here's your filthy wetback donut.

    3. Feelings are what women have. They come from their ovaries.

    2. My uncle is doing 25 to life for killing his son.
    - I hope he finds God. -
    He sure didn't find it in my cousin's stomach.

    1. We'll have to punish the family. I mean really brutally. Weird stuff. Butt Stuff.

    That's what I've got. Deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure sounds like Patrick Stewart. Ironically, he is also the voice of the stag in Bambi 2. Yes there is going to be a Bambi 2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FEEL the STAG, FEEL its HEART beating in its CHEST!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's Patrick Stewart ... (reveal other half of shirt) and that's me!

    ReplyDelete