GET

GET

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Greatest Wrestling Games

I have spent a lot of time playing wrerstling games in my life. Now I have put together a list of the Top 5 wrestling games of all time.

1. 8 Bit nintendo Nintendo Pro Wrestling-No announcer. No confusing "USA" crowd chants when the Undertaker is fighting Stone Cold. Just the greatest characters ever developed for a pro wrestling game. No matter many times King Corn Karn piledrove Fighter Hyabusa outside the ring, then snuck back in as the ref counted to twenty, I never got tired of it. Also featuring "I'm having a Heart Attack!" Starman, The "Creature from the Black Lagoon" Amazon, and that cheap Flair knockoff King Slender. Plus it was hilarious when you would back brain kick your buddy. Great Puma is still one of the biggest badasses in video game history. I've seen someone knock Tyson out in under 2 minutes in 'Punch-Out', but I have never heard of ANYONE EVER pinning this a-hole clean.

2. WWF Attitude - Voted second best wrestling game "By DECREE of Vince McMahon." Granted this game was made more awesome by adding six-packs and the awesome booking of Acolytes Forbes and Hurley. Was the first game to feature create a PPV, create-a-wrestler, an awesome damage counter (used to determine the winner in the case of a draw), and the ability to bleed from every part of your characters body. For some reason the IT would not lose, and the create a wrestler led to characters I still create on the PS2, including C4, the Mugger, Grey Ghost, and Skullmania. Also characters I would rather forget about, including Snot, the Butt, and the sinister Uncle Otis. The sound was awesome too, "Lights out Jackass!"

3. Saturday Night Slam Masters-Look, it had Mike Haggar in it, and he did the spinning piledriver right out of Final Fight. Plus Scorpio was awesome.

4. That M.U.S.C.L.E. wrestling game- I like cartoonishly silly abilities in wrestling games. This game has that in spades. From the blockheaded dude turning into a top and drilling a hole in his opponent to the 'Red Rain of Berlin' I could only gape in holy sh*t shock as I watched all the special moves. Honestly, there wasn't much beyond it than that, but what it did it did well.

5. WWF Superstars Arcade Game. This game only had 8 characters or so, including BossMan, Warrior, and Hogan in Tag Matches, but it will always be one of my faves. I loved wrestling the Million Dollar Man and Andre the Giant in Tokyo to win the belts. Plus, it talked. I will always remember the Million Dollar Man saying "I'll put you to sleep with my million dollar dream hold" then Andre mumbling something.

Anyway, I could talk about HCTP or WrestleWar, but I am going to stop now.

1 comment: