GET

GET

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

PRISON BREAK: How do they get out of this one?

I am not sure if any of you guys are fans of this show, but routinely on Monday nights Kevin & I will call each other & gab like schoolgirls about this show. In any case, on the Season Finale the inmates Michael, Linc, C-Note, Abruzzi, and Sucre had just run 2 miles through rough terrain to reach an airstrip. They get there in time to watch their plane take off, leaving them high and dry. To make matters worse, an army of cops and a police chopper is descending upon them as they run across an open field. Obviously, as the title implies, they have to escape. The only question I have is: how? I am interested in hearing your ideas, no matter how implausible.

13 comments:

  1. Tom Cruise will arrive in his UFO just in time
    to save them from the 'Ingathering'. Katie
    Holmes will continue to mumble nonsense while
    attempting to eat oatmeal through her forehead.
    Ron Howard will direct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Captain Jean Luc Picard will beam down and whisk them away to the Enterprise so they can help get some interstellar fugitives out of a Klingon prison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay. I need SOME plausibility. Jack Bauer isn't just gonna show up and shoot all the cops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jack Bauer shows up and shoots all the cops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jack Bauer is a vampire and he has to duel with Jason Patric for the right to star with Sandra Bullock in Speed 3: Prison Break.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jesus. Forget I asked. Jack Bauer isn't even on this show. He is on the show after it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They will be heading towards the exit when the gopher from Caddyshack pops up out of a hole and starts gyrating to Kenny Loggins. At that point, everyone will outwardly laugh like the end of an 80's cartoon, and the series will end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's the best idea yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In all seriousness, I'd encourage anyone who didn't follow the show or wrote it off after the pilot to watch the first season on DVD if you can. Of the three shows I watch each week (Prison Break, House and Lost), this was/is my favorite. While Lost burned episodes on needless secondary character development and a drawn-out "OMG-is-the-guy-one-of-them?" plot line, Prison Break delivered damn near every time. They even did a "flashback episode" about 3/4 in, which is the point where I thought they started to out-Lost Lost.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are they one season in, or two? That will greatly effect whether I want to play catch up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it has less to do with how good a show is, and more to do if you catch it from the beginning. For example, Ian and I might not care for it much, but Kevin and Josh do - probably be cause we didn't start watching it when it came out. It's one of those things where if you don't catch it, you just say 'eh' and never get into it. I was the same way with 24. And as much as I like House, I'm sure some of you think it sucks balls. Probably because one of us hyped it up. ;)

    Anyways, I have to put in a word about Will & Grace going off the air. I know on the surface, to anyone who didn't watch the show, that it just seemed like a stupid gay (NPI) sitcom. I actually think it was one of the best written sitcoms ever. I'm not gay and not a huge fan of the lifestyle, but it was one of the few shows that could get me to actually laugh out loud (a la The Office, Family Guy, and American Dad). I think the show was also underrated because people got it mixed up with Dharma and Greg - which sucked ass (I never watched it, I can just tell).

    ReplyDelete
  12. The characters in Will & Grace just seemed annoying to me. I won't miss it. But I doubt NBC will put anything better on next year. Minus Courtney Cox, Noone in the 'Friends' cast should ever be seen again.

    Another show that sometimes grates on me is 'The Amazing Race.' It is a cool show, but sometimes the teammates start yelling at each other and I just don't want to see that after being at work all day. Actually, two of us should try out for the show and then on the first leg we just spend 3 hours kicking the crap out of each other. Then we take the money they gave us and go to a nudie bar, eventually stumbling to the finish line smelling like beer and strippers.

    "Ken & Josh. You are the last team to arrive. I am sorry, but you have been eliminated from the race."

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please, please, please, please, PLEASE go on the Amazing Race and do that!!! That's perhaps the best idea I've ever heard!

    I did see the pilot of Prison Break. Just didn't do it for me.

    I do think Will & Grace is funny but I always seem to forget about it. So I'll keep my ignorance going one more week or whatever.

    Dharma & Greg = Dumb. It's kinda funny watching "Greg" be a hardass FBI dude on Criminal Minds now.

    House is good.

    Beer is better.

    Why the fuck do I have to type "iujqbdpp" for the word verification? It's like a typing test more than a tool for keeping crap off our blog sometimes.

    Where's my beer!?!

    ReplyDelete