GET

GET

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Finale Answer: HOUSE

I really like this show. House is a total smartass that plays by his own rules. Minus the addiction to painkillers, he is a pretty cool guy to emulate. Hugh Laurie does a great job both making him smart, pitiful, and hilarious. I expected nothing less than that from the finale. I think it delivered.

I am not going to recap the entire TV show, but in the first few minutes House gets shot. He seemingly "wakes up" in the hospital ICU, where his attacker is wheeled in next to him. Throughout the couse of the show House gets crazier & crazier as he is pschoanalyzed by his assailant. Eventually, he reasons that everything that is happening to him is just an illusion, and to prove it he snaps and "kills" a patient. For a few seconds there, I thought he really did kill a patient. But then the writers of the show deliver a message: PSYCHE! PSYCHE! PSYCHE! Signed, SUPER-PSYCHE!

House had actually dreamed the whole thing. As the season ends, Dr. House is being treated for his gunshot wound to the belly and neck. Although it is a shitty way to end a season, it completely sticks with the season ending cliffhanger motif that seems to be all the rage now (See: Lost, Prison Break, Dallas). Will House live? I bet he will. In Reruns all summer long!

9 comments:

  1. I personally liked when that guy's eye popped out of his head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a surprise, yes. I was surprised again when his testicle later exploded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Initially I didn't know what happened with the exploding testicle. But when something pops down there you can be sure that it's not good. The popping eyeball was pretty easy to diagnose.

    I actually thought the best part of the show was where House had taken the guy who attacked him out to eat. They have an interesting discussion about ideas vs. action.

    ReplyDelete
  4. While in hospital gowns, sitting on an old car. Trippin balls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This May's season finales have not been kind to our protagonists. Michael Scofield and co. will be running across a field for the next 4 months, while House will be en route to the emergency room for just as long.

    That being said, I liked this episode, as it gave the show a chance to try a different kind of narration and also do some medical stuff that was totally off-the-wall. I really thought he might have killed the one patient at the end. I guess if I'd have been analyzing the show the whole way through, I could have picked up on the fact it wasn't real, but either way, thanks to the prior week's episode we know that Cuddy has a pretty sweet ass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And that House wants to have ROBO Sex with Cameron.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With the women that are on that show, it would be virtually impossible to get anything done in that office in real life. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know. Even Chase is kind of pretty.

    ReplyDelete