GET

GET

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Someone fire the Nintendo Marketing Department

In case you don't look at IGN, the Nintendo Revolution has been renamed the Wii (pronounced WEE). I personally don't understand it myself, in the pantheon of console names, this has to be the lamest. Granted 'Revolution' was no INTELLIVISION, but even ATARI JAGUAR or NEO GEO sounds cooler than Wii. It would have been better just call it 'The Mario Machine.'

5 comments:

  1. Honestly I'm going to try and answer this intelligently. I think Nintendo of Japan still has serious control over pretty much everything nintendo even though the U.S. operations are pretty large. So basically what we have is some japanese guy, who grew up in Japan, speaking Japanese and learning Japanese culture trying in vain to market to the United States. This is clearly the result of what we call 'cultural differences'. UHS probably translates into japanese something along the lines of, 'eat peanut butter of my ass monkey boy'.

    DO I MIND?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They keep going this route, they might as well change the name to Nintendon't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or handjob, or brokeback, or "Cheaper than Xbox and Playstation"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, why wouldn't they just use a 'W' and an '=' equals sign?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well excuse me Octoman, but normal people can't occupy two V's with their one =.

    ReplyDelete