
I was looking for some information about Santa Maria style barbecue and ran across this little gem. After looking at this photo carefully, I noticed Grandma has tongs and some tupperware, so far so good. But the guy has what appears to be a bomb detonator and the kid is holding some wood and a friggin' hammer! What kind of barbecue is this?
And to top it off, the location looks like the outskirts of the Katrina disaster zone. I simply love it. Maybe these are the folks Nintendo is marketing the WII to (Wickidly Idiotic Innovation).
In addition:
ReplyDelete1. I am not sure that 'guy' is indeed a 'guy'.
2. It is not that unususual to see a kid with a tree branch. Any 4 year old boy will pick up any downed part of a tree and try to hit someone with it, preferably his sister. What is odd is that he has a hammer, and not some kind of saw.
3. I'd like to know what it says on their aprons or shirts.
4. I wonder if the lady in the middle has ever been invovlved in some HLA.
5. I think the 'detanator' is actually the handle of an umbrella.
6. I don't know what Santa Maria BBQ is, but I'd give it a shot.
And in conclusion:
ReplyDeleteI read somewhere that Santa Maria Style BBBQ is traditionally served with a TOSSED SALAD. Bon Appetit!
Nice pick-up on the salad thing, J.
ReplyDelete