GET

GET

Friday, March 31, 2006

WE ARE GOING TO WRESTLEMANIA

What better way to spend your rent than by blowing a big chunk of it on Wrestlemania tickets? Although I got a deal on the tickets, they are still pretty pricey, and even now I am feeling a little buyers remorse. Hopefully, K-Dawg can beat that remorse out of me, though, as we are now on the ROAD TO WRESTLEMANIA. Which is really just 294 East to to 90/94 to Rosemont . Acolyte Hurley and Acolyte Jones, former Tag Team partners now turned into best friends will face-off to see who can create the biggest Wrestlemania Moment! Can we create a sign that will earn us a place in COLISEUM HOME VIDEO History? Will one of us jump from the Upper deck with a devasting elbow drop onto HHH? Can I conquer Trish Stratus and become the NEW WOMEN'S Champion? What will happen if Acolyte Hurley grabs the Money in the Bank Briefcase? All of these questions will be answered SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY at the Rosemont Horizon!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. How about:

    "Marrying Stephanie = The REAL Money In The Bank!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it's good for like 6 more championship runs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. or...

    "Bottle of Water: $1
    Jobbing to Warrior: $0
    Marrying Stephanie: Priceless
    For everything else, there's actual talent"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diesel is to metal to lose to the UT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe make a sign requesting the return of Tugboat?

    Tooooooooooot!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I attended Southeast MO State after failing out of Bradley, I took a girl on a first date to a WWF event. That was the first and only time I sat through a whole WWF show. Sadly, there was no second date and I didn't even get to cop a feel. Damn WWF.

    I failed out of there anyway too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For me, that would be going for broke. I am totally NOT in try to impress someone mode at a wrestling event.

    In any case, pics are forthcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since I want to extend the joy as long as possible, I am just going to do my Wrestlemania write up now, sans Pics. Although I will save some suprises until K-Dawg puts up the pics.

    We got to the arena at about 3:30 PM for an event that started at 5:30. To kill time we listened to some CD's and eventually went over to Target, which is across the street from the Allstate Arena to get a camera. As we walked around it was obvious the place was swarmed with stinky no-tooth wrestling fans. Someone paged "Mr. Kennedy" over the loudspeaker. Was this a veiled reference to the currently injured Ken Kennedy? I like to think it was. AS we walked by the baseball bats, I really regretted the fact the dude with the Sting Mask wasn't there to take a picture.

    In any case, we got the camera and headed back over to the Allstate, where the line was incredibly long. While in line we saw a Hogan impersonator and a Hurricane impersoantor start drinking beers togteher in the parking lot. I was tempted to offer them $5 to kiss while I got a picture, but they climbed into their car to drink in peace. Hurricane's cape was caught in the door.

    Eventually we got into the arena. Let me tell you, at Wrestlemania you might as well have Vince hold you up at gunpoint because the Wallet rape starts right away. Since this was Wrestlemania and I never have to go to another Wrestling event again, I purchased a $20 program to commemorate the event. I then purchased a $7 beer, one of many. Then to our seats.

    When first entering the arena the sight really takes your breath away. The mating call of the wrestling fan was evident as Ric-Flair like "Wooooooo"s wafted through the place. I don't fault K-Dawg for snapping pics like a madman, with no regard for the fact that we only had like 25 of them. It's that awesome.

    We got lost on the way to our seats. Since there were banners of WWE superstars in all the rafters I just asked him which guy we were sitting under. "Carlito" he replied. Oddly enough, when we got to our seats, we were sitting right next to the guys who were standing behind us in line outside.

    The place went wild when Lillian Garcia came out, followed by Tazz, Michael Cole, JR and The King. They kicked things off with a Raw vs. Smackdown Battle Royal. Viscera won and kissed Lillian Garcia out of her shoes. K pointed the irony of giving someone named "Viscera" a man-on-town-sex-machine gimmick.

    By the time they sang America the Beautiful, the place was packed from floor to rafters. You can probably see the rest on PPV or DVD, but I did try to start some notable chants or throw out some notable quotes which left my throat RAW on Monday.

    During the UT/Mark Henry Match: "NOW BREAK HIS SPINE MARK" and "NOW EAT HIM MARK! EAT HIM WHOLE AND VOMIT HIM INTO THE CASKET"

    During the JBL/Benoit Contest "NEXT TIME YOU CAN JUST PUSH THE REF INTO THE ROPES JBL"

    During the Boogeyman Match "WE WANT WORMS" when someone replied with "You've Got Worms" I said "OH. I'VE GOT WORMS"

    In a display of not walking the company line, the arena went nuts for the heels (Mickie James & HHH) in some of the matches. Both were insanely over with the crowd. K & I were in the minority rooting for Cena. Probably because although I think he was supposed to be dressed as a 20's style gangster, he instead looked like, in the Acolytes words "A Pervert." But man, every single person in the arena was RED HOT for that match. The crowd was so vocal against Cena that they had to acknowledge it on RAW. The competing chants were awesome and the atmosphere was electric.

    As you know, Cena won in what I view as an upset. Anyway, pics are forthcoming.....

    ReplyDelete