GET

GET

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The end of Lost



Well, now that Lost is over I will be forced to rely on books to provide me with epic storytelling, and the Internet to provide me with weekly glimpses of Evangeline Lilly's splendid booty.

In case you didn't watch the show, it turns out that all the characters' lives were being made up as they went along by five guys on a blog site. The finale took place in a Starbucks and had a giant mechanical dog named Slayer.

4 comments:

  1. Your version of the Finale would have been preferable ... they should have stayed sci-fi regarding the Island's nature ... where the hell was Walt? ... When they mentioned they knew exactly how the show would end way back in Season 1, was that just in reference to the circular use of Jack opening his eyes to begin the series and closing them to end it? ... disappointed all around to have bothered to watch the last season after dutifully dropping the show shortly after the first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm pretty sure that comment about knowing how it would end was a reference to the last scenes of the finale happening inversely to the first scenes of the pilot. Matthew Fox basically said as much if you watched the special on Jimmy Kimmel's show (which was sort of lame, BTW).

    I was OK with the finale from a character standpoint, but as a sci-fi fan I would also have liked some "hard" answers, especially on things like the significance of the numbers. We also never found out why Hugo was nicknamed "Hurley".

    ReplyDelete
  3. And thus disappears yet another popular show that I never caught on to. Lost, 24, Sopranos, hell, I bump into people that quote Seinfeld like it's the m'f'n bible and I have no idea what they are talking about. No, just give me my Golden Girls DVD's and 227 reunion special and I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree on Seinfeld, I've run into people who quote that even at work. I never got the appeal of that show and very rarely watched it. Were we really supposed to believe that there were women in NY who wanted to bang George?

    ReplyDelete