ABC is developing a half-hour sitcom based on the "So easy, a Caveman can do it" ads for Geico. So far, it's only been greenlighted for a pilot episode to be commissioned but who knows?
I can't decide if this sets us further or closer to the fall of modern civilization. Hell, I can't decide if I'd watch an episode just to see if they could pull it off. I mean, unfrozen caveman lawyer was funny ... but that was a 5 mintue sketch with the all mighty Phil Hartman.
I just don't know, man.
Isn't one of those guys already on Heroes?!!? I swear the nuclear guy is the one that orders the roasted duck with the mango salls-uh.
ReplyDeleteThat would be funny if they gave the Caveman problems, and then he solved all those problems with a jagged rock.
ReplyDeleteAnd then in another episode he could drag a woman by her hair. Then some cool dude sees it and starts doing it. Then everybody does it. Eventually someone loses their extensions and they stop.
So it's Seinfeld for cavemen?
ReplyDeleteActually, I think it's just the writing aspect that networks believe is "so easy a caveman could do it."
ReplyDelete