

Well, Barry Bonds did it. He devalued "the most hallowed record in all of sports" and proved that bad guys can win, crime DOES pay, and users are not always losers. Home Run number 756 sailed out of AT&T park last night, and I feel a little sadder for having this guy as the Home Run King. That's because even in the mind of the most die hard Giants fan, there is a small voice that says something isn't right. That is this:
1. He admitted to using steroids. HE USED PERFORMANCE ENHANCING DRUGS. According to him though, he thought it was flaxseed oil. It was unintentional.
2. His head grew 1.5" and his feet grew 2 sizes after age 35, but he never consulted a doctor about this acute onset elephantitus. Why not? Because he knew he was using drugs that caused that to happen.
3. If an honest player found out he was using steroids, that he was unknowingly dosed with them, he would come forward immediately and report what had happened and make sure the person who slipped him a genetic mickey went away for a while. Bonds did not do this either.
4. Barry Bonds is an a**hole. I would rather pay to see him get hit by a bat, than hit something with a bat.
4. Barry Bonds is an a**hole. I would rather pay to see him get hit by a bat, than hit something with a bat.
5. Visual aids above.
Edit By Ken:
Edit By Ken:
Don't forget this one:

Well said, Surge.
ReplyDeleteWhen I saw the footage of him hitting 756*, my first thought was "crap, the cheater did it" ... I hope to God this Mitchell investigation actually finds some proof because B*nds, McGw*re, S*sa and the whole steroid era of baseball have turned it into a travesty.
Very few records in the last 15 years have the legitimacy to mean something.
I'm even more ashamed of the San Diego crowd that mostly cheered on B*nds when he hit 755*, though I realize the temptation of wanting to hit the lottery by catching the ball.
I wish America would have shut up and ignored him, because Hank Aaron is still the Home Run champ to me and Maris still holds the single season record in my book too.
Baseball is flawed, Selig's an idiot and it's a good thing I'm more concerned about what was in my burrito tonight than anything going on in the sport right now.