GET

GET

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Before our account gets deleted ...

Since I just had the experience of hotmail dumping all my mail from the last 10 years because I don't use that account much and forgot to log in for the last 30 days, it prompted me to log in and put up a new post here.

Not much new going on out in SD but since The Sobering Conclusion is gone, I suppose I'll go back to just putting a quick piece here about what I've seen.


"Casino Royale" was a disappointment in my mind. It has the worst opening credits sequence of any Bond film, I thought the action was light with only one very good scene and the story meanders the last 30-45 minutes of the 2 & 1/2 hour film. I'd give it a 3 out of 5. I like Craig as Bond and the series has potential, but it needs a better script.

"For Your Consideration" is better than critics are giving it. While not a true mockumentary like his past films ("Best in Show", "A Mighty Wind", etc.), this Christopher Guest vehicle is consistently funny and if you liked his previous films, this is a good one to at least catch on video. The Ricky Gervais cameo could have been funnier but it's still pretty good. A 3 out of 5.

Wow ... if I can figure out how to condense everything to these paragraph answers ... crap, I'm regretting killing my site already. :)

4 comments:

  1. Maybe you should switch to a 'Review In One Word' system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can name that review in one word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, let's try it. Here's the word - Rocky".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brtiney Spears Relationship?

    ReplyDelete