While all here on the blog can appreciate this, Kevin will be the most affected and since I can't be there, I hope the rest of the posse can comfort him about this:
Paul W.S. Anderson, director of movies like "Resident Evil" and "Alien vs. Predator" has signed on to write and direct a feature version of "CASTLEVANIA"!
Anderson has two other projects in the works, "Deathrace 3000" and "Man With The Football", and its unclear at this point, which one will go forward first. At the very least, "Castlevania" isn't expected to go forward until mid-2006 according to joblo.com
Sorry, Kev. Maybe it will get moved to someone else as he gest bogged down with the other films, or maybe a new director or screenwriter will help it along.
Movies based on video games stink. See 'Street Fighter', 'Doom', or 'Mortal Kombat 2.'
ReplyDeleteWhy does Hollywood keep doing this? What next? Elevator Action?
Oh well that's just fucking wonderful.
ReplyDeleteWhat's wrong with Street Fighter???
ReplyDeleteMatt Damon.
ReplyDeleteI'm trying out for the part of Dracula, "..and my hand was all busted." Budom tiche.
Street Fighter was so bad it killed Raul Julia. Sure, it gave us the whole "going up river" monologue, but outside of that 30 seconds I'd never watch it again on purpose.
ReplyDeleteStill, this is odd timing for a Castlevania movie. The newest game just came out a couple weeks ago for the PS2, so it's not like they're saving a huge, frachise-reinventing installment for a next-gen system to coincide with the film's release. At least the timing of the Final Fantasy movie made sense, since it was blowing up on the PS1 at the time. But then again, they did make a Doom movie like 11 years after the game's popularity peaked (and ~2 years after the "comeback" sequel arrived), so I don't know. Maybe The Rock will play Simon Belmont.
I think it's a bad idea. I'd consider Castlevania to be a 'dead' franchise, much like Doom. 'dead' as in it isn't the 'rage' in the mainstream anymore. Not to mention the number of vampire movies that have come out since Castlevania made its triumphant debut on the NES. Van Helsing pretty much ended any promise for this movie. :D
ReplyDeleteOur best hope is for Michael IRONSIDES as Sam Fisher.
Everything Ken says is absolute fact. This would likely just perpetuate Hollywood's streak of woefully-miscast Draculas. I really hope they never make a Metal Gear movie.
ReplyDeleteWell, while I don't know of a Metal Gear movie in the works, I can only hope they really do cast Michael Ironside for the 2006 Splinter Cell movie which is being negotiated right now.
ReplyDeleteAnd will anyone ever beat Rutger Hauer as the best Dracula ever? :)
I don't think Metal Gear would make a good movie, just because the creator is Japanese, and the movie would just end up all f'd up. :D
ReplyDeleteMetal Gear is ALREADY a Movie. Take all the cutscenes from "MGS3 Snake Eater" and put them together. I mean that has to be about 2.5 hours right there...with no gameplay. PLUS, half the fun of the Metal Gear franchise is that you have no idea what the hell is going on (Who are the Patriots)and you are playing a video game that ties back to a game you played on the NES when you were 10.
ReplyDelete